dSONIQ 'Realphones': A Plugin that creates A Complete Mixing Workspace in Your Headphones
dSONIQ has just released 'Realphones 1.7', the latest version of its state-of-the-art software solution that expands the possibilities of using headphones for professional mixing and mastering.
Realphones is a plugin that re-creates acoustic environment of recording studio control room in your headphones and corrects their frequency ranges. With Realphones, the possibilities for mixing on headphones approach the conditions of a professional recording studio’s control room. You will be able to trust your monitoring, making the mixing process much simpler.
Realphones was designed for audio engineers or musicians who lack a suitable acoustically treated space working in a room with terrible background noises and reverbs.
Realphones provides you with confidence in mix control not only aligning your headphones frequency response to make them sound more linear but turning them into a professional studio control room with advanced psychoacoustic processing.
It also includes modeling of diverse sets of pro and consumer audio speakers so you can verify the behavior of your mix across a wide range of simulated speakers.
In addition, there are controls for various aspects of the stereo mix. You can check mono compatibility, left-right symmetry, single-speaker playback and the side anti-phase component.
Although the main target of development was the use of headphones for mixing and mastering purposes, dSONIQ engineers did not forget about audiophiles, who can enjoy the enhanced fidelity and hear all the details of their favorite recordings using Realphones, as if they hear them on a high-end sound system.
The “Easy Mode” has no compromise in sound quality. It has the same engine with simplified controls which let you change the sound of Realphones in a much more convenient way. You can switch from ‘Easy Mode’ to classic ‘Advanced Mode’ and back.
(1) Reference monitoring is the most neutral sound you can use for most tasks.
(*From the above picture: Big Fat Bottom, Flat Studio 1.)
(2) Evaluate your mix from an actual studio perspective.
(Real Studio 1, Affordable Monitors, Stereo Field.)
(3) Focus on a specific property of the music mix. This is useful during mixing, composing, arranging and sound design.
(4) An important sign of a high-quality mix is good translatability. With Realphones, you can check how your work would sound on consumer devices.
(Spectrum, Low Resolution, Typical Phones.)
(5) Realphones can be useful for audiophiles who want to get the most out of listening to music.
* dSONIQ Realphones runs on both macOS and Windows in 64-bit host sequencers that support the VST2, VST3, Audio Units, and AAX Native formats. Standalone app is also available.
Realphones Lite Pack: $37.00 USD
(Promo price until July 15, 2021 — rising thereafter to $67.00.)
Realphones Professional Pack: $55.00 USD
(Promo price until July 15, 2021 — rising thereafter to $99.00.)
Realphones Ultimate Pack: $99.00 USD
(Promo price until July 15, 2021 — rising thereafter to $179.00.)
* Download a fully functional 41-day Trial Version for free: here.
In 2004, an audio application programmer assisted a physics student in his passion for psychoacoustic technology. Many years later, in 2016, they reunited and founded dSONIQ company in order to promote Realphones headphone optimization technology to the international market.
< Copyright ⓒ The Music Telegraph :: Prohibit reprinting and redistribution >
dSONIQ Related Articles
Product News (popular articles)