Audio Engineering (Quiz #1)
Circle the correct answers or fill in the blanks
From the following choices, answer questions 1,2 & 3.
a) Cutoff filter b) Peaking EQ c) Shelving EQ
1. This represents _____
2. This represents _____
3. This represents _____
From the following choices, answer questions 4,5,6 & 7.
a) Notch filter @ 60 Hz
b) Peaking EQ boost @ 3.5 Khz
c) Lo pass filter @ 10 Khz
d) Hi pass filter @ 40 Hz
e) Shelving EQ boost @ 10 Khz
4. To eliminate building rumble use _____.
5. To add bass on a home stereo use _____.
6. To add presence to a vocal use _____.
7. To remove AC hum use _____.
8. An EQ that has variable control over level, frequency and bandwidth is:
a) shelving b) graphic c) paragraphic d) parametric
9. A wide Q might have the number:
a) 4 b) 2 c) 8 d) 24
10. To bring a mic signal up to line level, the console mic pre-amp will have a gain structure of:
a) 4 dB b) 100 dB c) 60 dB d) 10 dB
11. The op amp that will combine many signals into one signal is a:
a) line amp b)summing amp c) distribution amp
12. An op amp that has a constant impedance output is called an ___________ op amp.
13. Line amps will be found in:
a) line inputs b) EQ c) faders d) a, b, & c
14. A battery back-up for a computer is called:
a) surge protector
b) voltage regulator
c) power conditioner
d) neither a, b, or c
15. On an XLR connector, found is connected to:
a) pin #1 b) pin #2 c) pin #3 d) whatever
16. The recommended maximum unbalanced cable length is:
a) 25 ft. b) 45 ft. c) 100 ft. d) over 1000 ft.
17. Point A is called the:
a) noise floor b) operating level c) threshold
18. The ratio of line B is:
a) 1:1 b) 2:1 c) 5:1 d) 10:1
19. Line C represents:
a) unity gain b) a compressor c) a limiter
20. A limiter will have a lower threshold and lower ratio than a compressor.
TRUE or FALSE
12. Impedance Matching
< Copyright ⓒ The Music Telegraph :: Prohibit reprinting and redistribution >
Quiz Related Articles