Mix: Working on Individual Tracks (1)
The Music Telegraph| 입력 : 2021/08/04 [12:42]
Mix: Working on Individual Tracks (1)
Solo your Kick track and play it. Listen carefully to this track and consider the following suggestions:
- Is the Kick too boomy? Maybe using EQ to attenuate the frequencies around 160 Hz might help.
- Is the track too noisy? Try gating the track to remove the unwanted noises. You want to clean the track as much as you can, but make sure it sounds natural too. Remember, you are limited by the image of a real instrument.
- If you want to add more "click" in the kick, try boosting the high-mid frequencies (around 5 kHz)
- Use a compressor to even out the dynamic range of the track (try a ratio around 4:1 and experiment with the attack and release — don't make them too drastic).
- Play the track as many times as you need, until you get a good sounding kick.
Solo your Snare track and play it. Listen carefully to this track and consider the following suggestions:
- If you want to add "snap" to the snare sound, try boosting the high-mids (around 5 kHz).
- If you want more "air" to the sound, try boosting the high frequencies (around 12 kHz).
- If you want to add more "body", try boosting the low frequencies (around 160 Hz).
- Use a compressor to even out the dynamic range of the track (try a ratio around 3:1 and experiment with the attack and release — again, don't make them too drastic).
Solo your OH(OverHead) track and play it. Listen carefully to this track and consider the following suggestions:
- Filter out the low frequencies completely. Since the overhead mics are farther apart from the kick than the kick mic is, if you mix the two together, you will run into phasing issues.
- Play with the high frequencies (around 10 kHz) to create an overall balance of the drums
Solo your Bass track and play it. Listen carefully to this track and consider the following suggestions:
- Is the bass too boomy? Try attenuating the mid frequencies (around 300 Hz).
- Use a compressor to even out the dynamic range of the track (this time, try a more dramatic ratio, around 15:1. Also you can try a little faster attack than you may have used in the previous tracks).
- To bring out the "body" of the sound, try boosting the low frequencies (around 80 Hz).
- To bring out the finger details, try boosting the high mids (around 1.7 kHz).
< Copyright ⓒ The Music Telegraph :: Prohibit reprinting and redistribution >
- 1BITDRAGON is a music creation software super easy to use, simple, instant and fun. Create a basic melody in a few steps, compose a great song in a few minutes. Developed in France.
- German company which provides cutting-edge audio plugins based on machine learning techniques
- Adam Monroe Music
- Founded by a freelance musician and composer Adam Monroe, offering sample libraries, VSTs, and music plugins based in United States.
- Apollo Sound
- Creative sample library & sound design company dealing with various vintage and modern audio devices based in Kiev, Ukraine
- Audio Assault
- Mexico-based audio plug-in developer that creates “killer” audio plug-ins
- Audio Brewers
- Pioneer developers of Sample Libraries and Virtual Instruments Recorded, Mixed, and Delivered in native Ambisonics based in Greece.
- British exploratory music label releasing creative artist works as well as virtual instruments and audio hardware
- Aurora DSP
- Polish audio plug-in developer focusing on creative guitar sounds
- Black Salt Audio
- Canadian audio plug-in developer offering intuitive music tools that inspire creative endeavors for music and sound making
- Bunker Samples
- Danish developer exploring the power of sampling to create virtual instruments that bend the rules.
- Online communication platform developer providing real-time creative collaboration experiences over the internet based in Nevada, United States
- Critical Tune
- Italian virtual instrument and sound library developer focusing the realization of a wide range of samples from vintage synths and keyboards
- Datacode Records
- Canadian sound design and sample pack production company offering finest techno and house sample libraries
- Polish sound design and VST instrument developer company offering innovative sample libraries and virtual instruments
- Russian software developer offering innovative headphone-optimization plugins based on advanced psychoacoustic research
- Edu Prado Sounds
- Ireland-based musician, producer, and composer Edu Prado owned sound-design company that offers NEW sounds
- Elementary Sounds
- Estonian Avant-Garde virtual instruments developer offering artistically designed plugins with original texture and specific moods
- Exonic UK
- British software developer offering unique, inspiring and useful plugins, each a result of a singular, specific vision.
- Free To Use Sounds
- American royalty-free sound library provider capturing professional quality field recordings in various locations around the world
- Function Loops
- Israeli sound design company offering ultimate resources for DJs, producers, and musicians
- Harvest Plugins
- Software developer creating new, exciting and unique music making tools based in California, United States
- Portuguese audio-software developer creating inspiring musical experiences by combining music with technology
- Inouï Samples
- Virtual Instrument Developer with the aim of pushing forward artistic creations based in France
- French software company that designs and develops innovative tools for music creation since 2010.
- Lugert Publishing
- German music publishing company offering innovative music softwares such as 'Forte' notation software and 'ScanScore' sheet music scanning software for musicians, students, and teachers.
- Dutch company developing software instruments and effects based on its state-of-the-art circuit modeling process known as ACE (Advanced Circuitry Emulation) technology
- Mathew Lane
- Innovative spatial processor plug-ins and hardware manufacturer based in Belgium
- Melda Production
- Software developer creating advanced tools for music production and audio processing based in Prague, Czech Republic
- Molecular Bytes
- Innovative Music and Audio Software Developer based in Germany
- Mozaic Beats
- American company developing softwares for music theory such as AutoTheory and Chord Prism
- Naroth Audio
- The Los Angeles-based sampling company offering a unique cinematic percussion tool that generates ‘New Sound of Rhythm’
- Finnish audio plug-in company bringing innovative sound for mixing and mastering based in Helsinki
- Quiet Art
- New Zealand audio plug-in company creating unique but must-have products for people in the music and film industries
- Polish sound design company producing innovative sound libraries for producers and musicians
- Schulz Audio
- Innovative and User-friendly Audio plug-in developer based in Berlin, Germany
- Silence+Other Sounds
- Italian boutique sound design company creating evoking, vivid, unmistakable sound design for the wide community of composers, filmmakers, game developers and editors
- A new platform-based service designed for musicians that provides vast numbers of high-quality sound samples at affordable prices based in Poland.
- Swiss research-base virtual instrument developer offering top-notch digital emulations of old classic analog synthesizers.
- Sound Magic
- Founded in 2007, One of the Primary Pioneers in Virtual Instruments and DSP Software based in Beijing, China
- Swar Systems
- Software company specialized in Indian music and virtual Indian instruments offering the most realistic virtual Indian instruments based in Switzerland
- American world music specialized audio software developer offering world music synthesizers, world music libraries, world music community, and world music learning resources.
- Romanian sound design company offering the best-quality House music samples in the market
- United Plugins
- Software Developer for Professional Audio Processing based in Prague, Czech Republic
- French virtual instrument and effect plugin developer company offering musical tools for musicians to create more imaginative sounds
- Yum Audio
- German studio with interdisciplinary working developers and designers offering innovative sound tools
Recording (popular articles)